Sunday, June 19, 2016

I Have No Flipping Idea What I'm Doing. It's Great! (Week #55)

Note from the mom:
There was no email for week #54. Elder Hess had transferred, and his new companion was sick for a number of days after he arrived. Good experience for Elder Hess.
In this email, he mentions a Sister who went to Southridge and was in Encore with him. Southridge is one of the high schools in our district and Encore is a regional youth choir--small world!

***

I'm doing good and Elder H is back to new again. haha The area is awesome. Really weird being back in my old one. The branch here is really great. The members help out a ton and are pretty good fellowshippers. We also work with Elder Stone and Elder Monnet (pronounced like saying money in a French accent. Try it. It's fun) in
our branch and it's awesome. I missed Stone. haha We have a good number of investigators, but spring break makes it tough to meet with them so no one came to church...I'm feeling good. My ankle's ok. It hurts every so often but not too bad. We're in a car area. I think God wants me to get fat....


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
 
Staying positive even though we couldn't work. It was pretty frustrating but I got through smiling (or whatever it is my face does)

What has been your biggest concern? 
Well I'm a district leader now so I'm in charge of 2 other companionships. Both of them sisters. And I have no flipping idea what I'm doing. It's great!

What has been your biggest success?
 I think I've applied the changes I've had on my mission to myself now. I'm getting along really well and being patient with my comp. We've both changed a ton since the MTC.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
The sisters! Our 4 sisters are Sister Montuy (California), Holloway (Greenie from Nevada), Barton (Colorado, she's a boss), and Shickedanz (she went to Southridge...and was in Encore with me...Trippy right?)

What has been your most significant tender mercy? 
Having Elder H healthy again. He's a huge help when he's up and running.

What are you looking forward to this coming week? 
Working for the full week! And possibly seeing G! You remember him? Look him up in your archives of Elder Hess emails.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 
We're going to baptize. Somehow....

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
We shared 3rd Nephi when Jesus is healing everyone and it hit me how everyone needs his healing. It says all who were afflicted. And at some point we are all afflicted. Weird.

Love you guys! Have a great week!
Elder Hess


Tried to give service to some members and instead they gave us fruit...

No comments: