Monday, June 20, 2016

Life Got Super Crazy Real Quick (Week #66)

Life got super crazy real quick....

I'm working in the biggest zone in the mission. Same zone I was in earlier. Elder Stone is my companion now! I've been hoping for it for a long time. He's my best friend here. We're the zone leaders here. So we're in charge of 16 missionaries and planning everything and helping them to improve. Pretty much overblown cheerleaders.

Elder N didn't get a greenie this time. I think just about everyone told him he was going to train.

It's not too hot actually. We've had a ton of rain and a little bit of flooding. Everything's been pretty cool so far. For Texas at least.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?

We're whitewashing our area. So we have no idea what's happening right now. haha Our mission president goes home after this transfer and all the higher up leaders in the mission go home soon too. So they pretty much switched all them out for younger missionaries so they can learn before President Torres gets here.

What has been your biggest concern?
We set a really high goal for our zone this month for baptisms. So we're working really hard on increasing the faith of all the missionaries so we can hit it. It's a goal that's never been hit here before. We're trying to make history.

What has been your biggest success?
We had a zone meeting with all the missionaries and we talked about unity. We figured since me and Elder Stone are together, there has to be a reason. We're super unified and this zone is really hard to have unity in because it's so spread out. So we trained about it and I feel like it went really well.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elder Stone!!! He's an awesome guy. Super funny.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Last night, the zone leaders in Harlingen called me just to thank me for my help last transfer. They said I helped the missionaries out a ton there, and the fruits are coming now that I left. We struggled the whole time to bring people to church and they brought 7 this last Sunday. Super cool. Nice to know the work doesn't go wasted.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
We have a zone conference with President this Thursday. It's one of the last times we'll see him so I'm interested to hear what he has to say.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
We want to baptize someone and get our goal going.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
We talked about 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 with the zone and focused on how we're all different but have the same purpose.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess




No comments: