Sunday, June 19, 2016

You Could See His Eyes Get Big and He was Super Confused (Week #65)

Life is good!

A was pretty dissapointing. He didn't come to church this Sunday either but we talked to him the other day. I think he's sticking around. 

This sunday we had I think 6 people who said they would definitely be at church. 2 of them actually showed up. Their names are P and D. I think they're 13 and 16 or something like that. The young women in this branch are awesome fellowshippers. 

Members come out with us fairly often. There's a member named R who used to go out with us, but he's kinda struggling right now. We're helping grow the members testimonies more so they're more willing to help out.

The A's Dad was baptized just a few months ago. This Sunday was the first time that their whole family
showed up to church. I'm good buddies with their 7 and 4 year old kids, F and L. Funny little kids.

The other English ward likes to do missionary talent things and so they decided to do a musical thing. And I didn't volunteer for any of the numbers but somehow I ended up in 5 of them...And I'm too quiet to sing in the gym far away from the microphone so that threw me off...

Transfers are tomorrow. I think Elder N will get a greenie to train this next one. That's the only one I'm sure about. But I think we could both go. Just a feeling I don't know. Elder N's doing great. He's super cool. 

That's so cool about DJ's call! 


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Staying focused in the area. We didn't hit any of our weekly goals which was kind of a downer cause I feel like we worked super hard, we just weren't seeing the fruits. So Saturday night I prayed that we would see the fruits of our labors and we had 2 people at church! Pretty cool stuff.

What has been your biggest concern?
I've been praying Elder N doesn't get transferred. He's been a perfect companion.

What has been your biggest success?
I think finally getting people to church was a good one.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elders M and R. We got invited to a baccalaureate thing for the graduating class here by Sister D to show that we're Christians too. And me and N called them 5 minutes before, and they came with us. It was kinda weird cause it was in a different church but it was awesome. They're really fun guys.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
At the thing at the other church, they had a guest speaker dude who apparently has said some anti-Mormon stuff before. And he didn't know we were there so he started talking and he looked at us and you could see his eyes get big and he was super confused. But he said stuff that felt directed at us. He said that no matter what the
graduates do, they should do it in the service of the Lord. He said "no matter what you do, school, work, military, You will be missionaries in a mission field." It was weird wording to use...

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Seeing what happens with transfers and such. I hope not much changes.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Keep getting those 2 to church and build off it.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
We've been sharing Mosiah with a lot of people. I think it's pretty simple. We follow the commandments and we get happy.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess



We helped a lady out who owns a bunch of monkeys



Our zone!



No comments: