Sunday, June 19, 2016

Get. The. Stinkin. People. To. The. Stinkin. Church.... (Week #57)

Life has been good. We've been really busy...

The sister's are doing great. Sister M's been sick so she's going to the doctors today to get a camera shoved down her throat. I told the other sisters to film her afterwards so I can have a laugh.

Sister D is the best. Her son served in Chile Santiago. He's awesome as well.

S is a good guy. We found out he has an orange shirt so that's a plus. We had a really spiritual lesson and invited him to Conference and he straight up told us "I'm lazy so i probably won't come" Soooooo yeah he didn't come.

I didn't know I was going to be a DL for sure but the zone leaders told me they recommended me to the AP's and so yeah here I am. Buncha punks.

My bike is good. Just beat up. A year of a mission does that apparently. We ride them at least twice a week. It's a mission rule.

My favorite talk was by Holland. Suuuuper good.



There's been a rumor of a temple for while now...They've been scoping it out for a long time. But in order to get one, Laredo has to become a stake apparently. It's suuuuuuuuuuuper close but not close enough I guess. I was kinda upset we didn't get one but there are other places that need it too.

My interview with prezzy was good. We didn't talk about me at all which was nice. We just talked about the sisters and how they're doing. It was like 5 minutes long.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
We had everyone really committed to Conference and they were all excited to see the prophet and then they didn't show up so that kinda sucked...

What has been your biggest concern?

A temple. I prayed really hard for it. It didn't happen but it will this next Conference.

What has been your biggest success?

The sisters got in contact with G and he's really interested in coming back to church!!

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?

Either the C family or P. M. The C are a really nice older family that love the missionaries and are really cute and P is the sassiest woman in the world. I think she hates me but she really loves me. One of those weird things. She's one of those people I can talk trash with like I do with Grandma. hahaha

What has been your most significant tender mercy?

We had a mission wide leadership conference thing where President corrected all of us super hard because we've all had trouble reaching our  goals. He said a lot of stuff to apply and stuff I needed to know that I didn't. It was great. Weird that I like being corrected now...

What are you looking forward to this coming week?

This week I decided to do crazy finding activities as a district all week. So we're going to draw the plan of salvation in a park like your Sisters did one day and have a free lemonade stand another day and a bunch of  stuff all week.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.

Get. The. Stinkin. People. To. The. Stinkin. Church....

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?

I think Holland's talk was the best. (modern scripture so it counts.) Satan's been trying really hard to get me down and he's done a good job. And so Holland's was just a reminder to keep trying and working so I can improve. It was awesome.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess


I've been reading the Ensigns a lot and i found an article by Julie!!!
So weird!!! (NOTE: Julie is Elder Hess's cousin)


No comments: