Monday, June 20, 2016

I Always Get Along with the Crazies (Week #68)

Our area is great! Still super huge! I don't know if I told you but the Zone is just about a third of the whole mission. Yeah we travel all over and go on exchanges fairly often. Went on one this week with Elder B.

This zone is way different because it's so spread out we don't see much of everyone but we're working on it. It seems like a good mix of older and younger missionaries. We're pretty young for zone leaders which is crazy but yeah.


R dissapeared. We haven't seen him in a while. But we met his daughter and she's interested so that was cool. We found a bunch of new people. We just have to make sure they're solid.

We've had exchanges with the AP's a bunch because we're new. We always play basketball in missionary clothes so they know what they're getting into. 

I always get along with the crazies...cause I sass them and then they think I'm a punk. exactly what didn't work on all my teachers in school works really well for Texans...I get complimented a lot for being myself and not a robot missionary...

E's son is awesome. he wants to go on a mission. Really funny guy and he's super helpful. He gets along
with people really well.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
It wasn't really a challenge, more like weirdness. As ZL's we're in charge of zone meeting and making trainings and stuff. And it's weird when people are taking notes of what you're saying...

What has been your biggest success?There's a member who was leaving for his mission in Korea but his flight got cancelled and his mom had to work, so we got to work with him for a day. And he said we answered a really big question he had during the day. I don't know what the question was but I hope it was something good haha

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?Probably M, Sister E's son. We get along really well.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?The car has been a huge blessing. We had a day that I swear felt like 130 degrees. It was so hot and we were walking around and i was drenched in sweat. so we went back to the car and drove with the ac blasting for a while.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?We're going to see a ton of miracles going for our goal. It's going to be awesome.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?I like 2 Nephi 2. It talks about Jacob and how he saw all things that were to come, just like Nephi did. It's interesting how testimonies can come if we ask.

Love you guys! Have a good week!
Elder Hess



Painting a nonmember's wall on his roof



a lady has a pet bison 
(It licked my face. Kinda gross)

No comments: