Sunday, June 19, 2016

Prayed Super Hard the Night Before and God Answered It (Week #63)

My weeks been really good. Lots of cool stuff happened.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
I was out of my area for 3 days for that big meeting thing so i didn't really know what was going on over there.

What has been your biggest concern?
We've been pushing super hard and working really hard but nothing's been happening for a bit, which is super confusing. We want to build God's kingdom but we couldn't see the fruits recently. It seems like everywhere I look, people talk about planting seeds and saving the 1 from the 99, and I feel like that's what's been happening the last few weeks.

What has been your biggest success?
It wasn't really our success...we didn't do anything besides be worthy of a miracle...but we had a guy named A show up to church who has a member cousin and was taught by some missionaries about a year ago. He reaaaaally wants to be baptized and is a really good guy. I'm really excited for him. I prayed super hard the night before and God answered it.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elder VK and Elder M. I got to work with them for 3 day, and they're 2 of my favorite people here. Really fun, happy guys. Elder VK goes home in about 2 weeks so it was good to see him before that.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Probably A showing up to church. I really needed that to feel like we're doing good here.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Meeting A some more and finding more people who need us.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
We're doing a district olympics to build unity and we're going to do some fun little competitions and stuff.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
Probably the story of the 1 lost sheep. Sometimes all God needs is to help that one. Like in Elder Bednar's talk this last conference.

Love you guys a lot!
Elder Hess

Check out what we found in our apartment while cleaning it

Some pictures from 3 day

No comments: