Sunday, March 6, 2016

MIND. FREAKING. BLOWN. (Week #47)

This week was good! Lots of good stuff happened!

First off, we already know about transfers! I'm staying up here with Elder P!! My gut was right! HA! It's crazy out of the 18 missionaries in our zone I think only 4 are moving. Really weird. Last few it's been that everyone leaves.

We found some good investigators that we talked to once and they said they would come to church (what everyone says) and then actually showed up (what no one does) So that was pretty cool.

Everybody's got issues is what I've learned on my mission. And so we have to first find the problem and then solve it. 

I never got the coat or the package from A....maybe on Tuesday...

President M is my hero. The dude straight up changed my life at interviews...We sat down and said a prayer and then he looked up like he was talking to Jesus for a second and then was like "Elder Hess. You've been called to play on the field with the ball at this moment. This is your chance to learn and improve. You have a lot of talents but you also have weaknesses. One of those, that you've faced your whole life is that when you're on the field, you find yourself slowly walking to the backseat of the stadium. You've been called to play. So don't procrastinate, go play. You're in charge." MIND. FREAKING. BLOWN. And I think we can all agree that I've had issues with procrastination before....Sooo yeah no more.

Senior companion is tough. I've never been more tired in my life. But it's awesome. Weird to be in charge of making decisions and stuff.

What has been your biggest challenge this week? 
Getting E to church. We had contact with her everyday. I'm not super sure why she didn't come...

What has been your biggest concern? 
Same thing. Just getting people to church. We want them to progress and they won't if they don't come.

What has been your biggest success?
Those 2 random people who showed up. Their names are J and L. We only talked to them on Wednesday...

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
President...Ugh blown mind. Or Elder P. He's already gone down to McAllen to go home...

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Our district staying the same for this next transfer. I love this district a lot. We only had one person change out.

What are you looking forward to this coming week? 
Figuring out what's up with E.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 
Make plans to make this transfer even better than last one.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
President told me to read Genesis 39 and make plans to avoid procrastinating, and I'd never thought about it in that light. So that was cool.

Tell Bill thanks again! The L's want me to play something so we'll see what happens.

Love you guys! 
Have a great week!
Elder Hess


Pictures of the week!

Exchange with Elder Young

Service with Elders W, G, and P

Elder P is gone!!!

No comments: