Sunday, October 25, 2015

Offered Her a Rubber Band Instead (Week #33)

I haven't played my harmonica in a while, but I got asked to sing in our zone meeting...heck...they didn't even know I could sing.. So I did "Lead Kindly Light" alllll on my stinking lonesome.. Apparently it wasn't bad so that's a plus. Transfers are in a 2 weeks. Just snacks and stuff always helps if you wanna send that.

We meet way too many strange people. I meet a few Portland type crazies every so often...One asked me for my belt the other day so I offered her a rubber band instead...and she took it. Actually yesterday we got asked to come to a less actives house yesterday, and we were afraid he was ticked because we couldn't find him a ride to church but he instead talked for an hour about goth culture...he's actually in the library now singing along to heavy metal music and banging his head....

What has been your biggest challenge this week?We worked reeeeallllly hard to get our investigators to church. Promised them blessings and everything, did everything we were supposed to and more, and nobody showed up. It was super frustrating...

What has been your biggest concern?
We've been working with a less active named M who has some big questions and doubts about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and we've been working to get him to start believing again but he gave us his BOM and basically gave up....

What has been your biggest success?
J's mom accepted a baptism date! I mean it fell through cause she didn't come to church...but it's progress!!
Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Bishop K. He's a really quiet guy, but he wants to help everybody..he spent 700 miles driving us to and from zone meeting and taking youth to a stake dance in one day...craziness.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
We found a shortcut to bike to Beeville! We have another car fast for the first 3 days of this week...So today we only biked 15 instead of 16 miles to pday!!! Yeaaaaay! Kinda sarcastic but at the same time not...I am developing my talents...

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
We have a general authority coming to our mission on Friday!! We don't know who but he's going to train us and talk to us and stuff. So that'll be pretty sweet.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Get people to come to the freaking church.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
The story of Paul. I've been studying him and he did some crazy stuff through ridiculous problems. And Philippians 4:13 I think it is. "I can do all things through Christ..."

Love you guys!!!
Elder Hess

No comments: