Sunday, October 11, 2015

"Finally! The Doors of Heaven Can Open!" (Week #31)

It was probably the best birthday I've had! Really great day!

What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Time. Waiting for conference to come took forever...

What has been your biggest concern?
Just getting J in the water. Satan pushes really hard before baptisms...

What has been your biggest success?
Finally. FINALLY. J has been baptized. A couple days ago, she had a dream where her family members who have passed on were around a table, dressed in white and celebrating saying, "Finally! The doors of heaven can open!" Like, What.......And so she's really excited to get her family history started so they can be saved too.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
2 people. 1: A.M. She's so cool. In between sessions of conference we'd go eat at her house. She's an awesome lady. 2: J's dad (he's dead which makes it even weirder). He's probably been the biggest influence on her gettiing baptized. She has dreams about him all the time and when I put her in the water she said she closed her eyes and saw him smiling....

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Conference. Those men are inspired for sure. They said a ton of things that I needed to hear and things I need to share with people.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Well today we're playing soccer as a zone sooo that...but also working on J's  family. We've met them and they're really nice.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Work with J's family. I think they could be baptized. 

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
The story of Daniel. They shared it in Conference and it makes sense. Babylon is getting bigger and we need to not only resist it, but build God's kingdom as well.

Again thank you so much! You're doing great work! Elder Holland's talk really struck me. You're the reason I've made it here. So thank you again.

Love you guys! 
Elder Hess
Sorry the computers are being really dumb and not letting me send pictures. I promise I'm taking some.

No comments: