Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hey, How's Not Having Electricity? (Week #25)

My new comp is Elder P of Guanijuato, Mexico (not really sure how to spell that) But the dude is great. Really good missionary even though he doesn't know a ton of English. We speak pure English. I've only met one person that speaks Spanish up here....yikes. It's defintely more Texas than Mexico here.

What has been your biggest challenge this week? 
Getting transferred! I was super excited to get M and Je Baptized and married! But the Lord has other plans as well I guess. 

What has been your biggest concern? 
Getting to know this area. We cover a huge space. Like 4 tiny towns all really spread out. So it's a challenge but we're getting it.

What has been your biggest success?
We did a car wash for a boy scout fundraiser and I was put in charge of making hamburgers. And I got complimented by Texans!!! On my burgers!! Like whaaaaaat?!

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
The Amish!! We live in the middle of nowhere....in a trailer (so cool). And one of our neighbors a couple miles down the road is an Amish community. One of our 4 neighbors on our "street" are the S's. They've been best buddies with the Amish for a while (not really sure what they talk about..."Hey, how's not having electricity?") and they're building their dream house. And the Amish volunteered to build their roof for free. It looks amazing. They're really nice people and they make freakin amazing apple pie.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Literally just before our transfer meeting, G called asking if he could meet with us. I don't know how it turned out but it was an answer to my prayers. 


What are you looking forward to this coming week? 

We're having a talent show this Saturday! And I might play the harmonica!


Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 

Having more animo! (excitement) I think we all know excitement is something I struggle with.


Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this wee 
The you cannot serve two masters one. When we aren't following commandments, we're following the wrong master.

Anyways, hope this week will be great for you guys!
Love you!
Elder Hess 


Me and VK and M

Outside our window (yikes)

No comments: