Sunday, October 4, 2015

Nicest Compliment I've Ever Received from a Gangster (Week #24)

My Homie the soldier at the war memorial (I named him Ricky)

J has been coming to church every week. We don't really teach him because even though he doesn't work, somehow he's always gone from his house. He's not all there which makes him tough to teach.

K's doing well. She understands President K now I think but she isn't all in on talks being 3 sundays out of the month. She prefers testimonies. She's progressing really well though.

Nothing from G. Trick is, he's working now and won't respond to us when we ask if he's home. Really frustrating but I'm still praying for him.

I haven't lost in prosball yet. So I haven't done anything yet. My goal is to not lose on my mission. I would play Jo again but he's never home whenever we go by as well. We've even set appointments with his family but they aren't there. I think his Grandma is the issue now. The kids want to go to church but not really her. We'll see.

We've tried visiting people from the blitz but a lot aren't interested. The blitz is when other people from your zone or district come and work in your area. So we had 2 other companionships working in our area. The trick is, you didn't meet them, so you don't know how prepared or interested they are. Sister P and Sister T were one companionship and I can't remember the other elders. We basically went around and tried to plant seeds with people. Super basic stuff.

M and Je are doing really well. They've come a long way. Je is Sister S's daughter and they live with her. 

Branch movie night went great. Had a lot of people come and a few investigators. Heck yeah we had ice cream!! The movie was Legacy (cheesy as heck but had a good message). It's a pioneer movie.
Transfers are tomorrow. This next transfer I hit my 6 month mark!! Elder H is a great guy. We get along really well. Unfortunately, he's going to be training this next transfer. So we know for sure we won't be together but we don't know where we're going.

What has been your biggest challenge this week? 
Being focused on this week and not the transfers that are coming. Sort of a mini end of the mission. Once you get to the end it's super important to stay focused and not slack.

What has been your biggest concern? 
Making sure we contact people that can progress. We contact a lot of people but it's tough to find people reeaaally interested

What has been your biggest success?
M and Je can finally get married! They talked to President K and the branch can help them out with the money!!

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
M. He was a sketchy dude but he's flipped his life around. We took him to a wedding of a couple investigators in the other ward so he could see what his wedding would be like. He really loved it and we talked to him about his plans for his wedding and who would come and stuff. He's got a job and another job offer that could be better and a family that loves him and he really wants to become better. He told me and H and Ma and VK at the wedding, "A lot of people in our neighborhood talk trash about you guys. And it makes me really mad. You're great guys. We could chill" (Nicest compliment I've ever received from a gangster)

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
We were biking all yesterday and had a rough day where basically nobody wanted to talk to us, and it was super hot. So we went to a member's house and we were chatting when their son came over and put a drumstick (those ice cream ones, not the wood ones. My favorite things ever) on my lap. I had left it there like a week ago and totally forgot about it. Made my day.  

What are you looking forward to this coming week? 

Transfers. I really wanna see if I'm staying or going and who my next companion is going to be.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 

my goal is to be patient. the Lord puts people in our way where and when they should be there. I just need to be patient enough to wait for them but keep looking at the same time.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
I've been reading a lot of D&C recently, and I like the blessings the Lord gives to the first couple people in the church. I think it's really cool to receive revelation like that. And it's possible for us too!

Hope you guys have a great week!
Love you!

No comments: