Sunday, October 4, 2015

How to be More Proactive in the Gospel (Week #26)

Hey momma!
I'm doing great! Yeah it was a crazy week but a good one. Elder P had to go to McAllen for a meeting that lasts 3 days so I stayed in Robstown which is one of the towns in the US known for their heroin trade. Fun stuff haha We actually cover like 5 different tiny towns.They each have probably less than 2000 people.

P has pretty good English he just messes up sometimes. He's been out for a year and a half so I teach him stuff sometimes. I know absolutely nothing about Harlingen. They should have been baptized yesterday but I haven't heard. I'll find a way to figure it out. I don't get to leave my area really unless it's an exchange.

What has been your biggest challenge this week? 
Not being in my area... It's tough cause you don't know who needs help in your area when you get back.

What has been your biggest concern? 
J. She's our best investigator and last Sunday she gave a letter to the lady who went to pick her up for church. She basically dear johned us because her common law husband wouldn't marry her for real and so she can't get baptized yet and we couldn't go by her for 4 days...

What has been your biggest success?
In those 4 days we were gone, the sisters in our district went by her house and talked to her. In that time, she had searched in 4 different churches to find another baptism but felt wrong with all of them.and she felt that God was dissapointed in her.....We went back to her house and she told us she only feels right in our church and she wants to be baptized. So I gave her a blessing and her mom is going to be living in a different apartment so we're hoping she can move in.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
Elder G. He's the guy I went on an exchange with. We had a ton of fun.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
We had a talent show as a ward activity put on by the missionaries and it was really succesful. I was the mc and A lot of people participated.

What are you looking forward to this coming week? 
working in my area and finding more people.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 
Have a better relationship with the members. 

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
I gave a talk yesterday on how to be more proactive in the gospel. None of our investigators  have a job or a car so the members have to take them to church. And sooooo I shared with them that that's their duty as members, to support other people wanting to learn.. I shared alma 8:8-16 about sharing the gospel.
I also used you as an example of fulfilling your calling as a mom and in the ward and as a member in my talk! So thanks for being a good person!

I can't send pictures over this computer but I have some good ones!
Love you guys!

Elder Hess





No comments: