Sunday, October 4, 2015

"I'm Not Crazy. I'm Just Texan." (Week #27)

I did work in my own area this week which was great. Lots of good stuff. We're keeping the hornets as pets. They don't bug anybody and they're adorable. Like a terrifying puppy. 100's of them. I haven't heard anything about M...Jo is great. She acts like a member and is really truly converted. But she won't stinkin move away from that dude!!!! UGH!! We're still working on her plans. Yeah. me and P emcee'd the talent show. It was super easy. I just told a bunch of stupid jokes (a specialty). The ward's doing fine. 

What has been your biggest challenge this week?keeping track of miles. we have a limit on how many we can use per month and near the end of the month it gets tight. Especially when you have to drive 20 minutes to get anywhere in your area.

What has been your biggest concern?
Jo figuring things out. We can't find a way to make it work. It would be way easier if the dude would just marry the lady...

What has been your biggest success?
Using talents I didn't realize I had. I've been asked to play carpenter 3 times this week. Like using power tools and frightening things like that. So glad that Dad taught me how. Apparently the last few elders didn't even know how to use a hammer...

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?Sister K. She takes really good care of the missionaries here. Always makes sure we have enough to eat and everything.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Being able to help out on the S's house. They've been working on it for 5 years. and so I feel like helping them is one of the reasons I got called to this area. So I could cut wood and stuff for them. And we found an investigator for the sisters in our district through cutting wood for him too! Super weird.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Today we have a ward FHE. We have one every week but this'll be the first that I'll be at..

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
finding more prepared people and getting them to church!

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
My patriarchal blessing. I've found some good ways to study it now.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess


aw snap! I almost forgot!
PS!!!!
We visited a less active and parked outside his driveway cause we didn't wanna take his space. And we go in and we meet the wife and family and everything and they're super nice. And then the dad bursts in and runs to the back! And the wife is like "oh he probably has to pee". And so we relax and then he runs back in and we're about to go say hi when he rushes by us and COCKS THE FREAKIN PISTOL THAT IS IN HIS HAND!!!!!!! Apparently he saw us pull up and didn't know who it was. And then he looked back and didn't see us so he assumed we were criminals....He was gonna put the gun to our heads!! How cool is that!!!!??? 
His excuse was..."I'm not crazy. I'm just Texan."



Lengua (tongue) tacos! Not bad.

No comments: