Monday, December 28, 2015

Candy and Cupcakes and Stuff (Week #43)

A couple of preemptive notes from Elder Hess's mom:
I ordered some things online. Last week, Elder Hess asked me if I meant to send onesies and overalls. I thought he was kidding, so this week, I asked him to clarify. Sure enough....someone made a boo boo.
Elder Hess is almost always wearing a backpack. He gives them names like Kevin, Russell, etc. I HAD to ask him what his current pack is named. Today, I got the answer.

Here is this week's email:


Christmas was good! We got to work like normal and went to eat at a member's house and then played risk for a while! Yeah I did get onesies and overralls. I'll give them to a family here. There's a lot of little babies. I just have to choose my favorite....

Christmas conference was really cool! We got to listen to some trainings from President and eat food and sing carols and all sorts of stuff. Usually Christmas is just with the zone but since it's President M's last Christmas, he had everybody there. I got to see everybody. Elder S, Elder A, Elder T and Elder E. It was pretty sweet.

I don't have a name for my backpack.....yet....

A Lot of members got us candy and cupcakes and stuff so that was pretty sweet.

Our area is bigger so we need the car to get places effectively. Everyone else can pretty easily go around their areas on bikes.

We went caroling all over the branch presidents neighborhood.

Things for this week were pretty awesome. We got to know a lot more of the members and some less actives showed up. We're going to have a week of Spanish only so I'm looking forward to that. 


What has been your biggest challenge this week?Planning. We've had a lot of district activities at members houses like dinners and stuff where we all have to be there. and as driver, I'm in charge of coordinating everything. So that's stressful but yeah!


What has been your biggest concern?Getting people to church. We don't really have a lot of prepared investigators right now...so we're trying to get people to show their desires to change by coming to church.

What has been your biggest success?We got some less actives to come to church that hadn't been in years so that was pretty sweet!

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?The S's. They're a awesome young family. He works for the border patrol and they love having the missionaries over. We played a game called pieface that you guys would love.


What has been your most significant tender mercy?Having Elder P as a zone leader. He makes things a ton of fun and always has a great attitude. He's a really good example.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?New Years is nuts here. Mexicans love getting drunk as much as the love guns and I heard they shoot over the border around this time of year. So that'll be fun to hear safe in our apartment haha

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.Get someone prepared. We've been praying for a long time and I feel like we will this week.


Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?We've been reading the whole Book of Mormon in Spanish and we plan to finish by the end of the transfer. I'm reading about Abinadi right now and it was cool to see that even though his main plan of changing Noah didn't
work, he still touched someone that mattered.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess

Caroling

my nerds



my nerds


No comments: