Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm a Flippin Champion (Week #40)

Me and enriquez in the competition
How has my week been?...It started out really well! Me and Elder E had a push-up competition with some kids in the projects and had a bunch of fun! 

Y and J wanted to go to church but couldn't due to lack of car...But they're doing great. 

I'm not really sure what size pants i wear...I'll have a member send it to you or something. My socks and shoes are good. I'm craving jerky like crazy...and this lotion called Hempz. One of the members has it and it's really good!


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Getting people to come to church. Not through lack of desire. Just tricky stuff with rides and everything that has me feeling some type of way.

What has been your biggest concern?
Miles. We couldn't find a ride to Corpus so we've used about a third of our limit in the first 6 days...Also transfers. I really want to stay with Elder E. Love working with that guy.

What has been your biggest success?
That push up competitiong. Firstly, because I won. (65. I'm a flippin champion) and secondly because the kids we did it against said we're the nicest church people they've met. So that got me feeling pretty good.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
My favorite person is probably the F family. The dad had a brain tumor and still has a ton of health issues but the wife works really hard to support them and they're the funniest couple ever. And have great jokes. Like the ones back home haha

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
President Maluenda spoke at the adult session of stake conference and said a lot of things that we needed to hear. Lots of things about happiness and missionary work.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Transfers. I
trio power!

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Have a more positive attitude. I'm going to look for the bright side more.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
Ether 12:27 especially for myself and the ward.

Love you guys! Have a great week!
Thanks for telling me about the timbers.......ruined my life....
Elder Hess



No comments: