Sunday, December 20, 2015

Help the Members While Fixing Our Attitudes (Week #41)

Elder B is now in McAllen waiting until Wednesday to go home and it's just been me and Elder E for the last few days.


J and Y came to church. Y got confirmed and J brought her son and his girlfriend.

I haven't set up a Skype because we'll find out about transfers today, so I don't know if I'll even be here. But I'll let you know when I do.

What has been your biggest challenge this week?Staying focused. With Elder B going home, we had to try really hard to focus and get work done. We were pretty successful I think.

What has been your biggest concern?
Improving our relationship with the members. So we went everywhere and called everyone doing service on Saturday. We mowed lawns, we scrubbed walls, we dug a bike out of a muddy basement, we sang songs, and we cleaned the church. 

What has been your biggest success?
Saturday, me and Elder E had a really bad attitude...So my plan with the service, was to help the members while fixing our attitudes. And it worked super well. We were way happier at the end of the day. Crazy tired though.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Sister H. She invited us to join in the Primary program and she appreciated it A LOT. There were only like 6 Primary kids there so the youth had to join in but there's only 5 of them. It was small but a lot of fun.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Having J's kids come. 

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Seeing what happens with transfers. It'll be different I'm sure.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
The story of Alma the younger and his conversion. The prayers of his Father and the members led him to his revelation and change

Love you guys so much!
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hess

Pictures of the week!

Last district picture


An Egyptian burial procession for Santa that I made at a Relief Society activity (that's why you don't invite men to make candy sleighs with women...)

No comments: