Sunday, December 27, 2015

Everyone is Rushing to Mexico (Week #42)

So right now I'm right next to the border and so this week everyone is rushing to Mexico. It takes us like an hour to get anywhere now.

I'm doing great. My new comp is Elder P who was born in Clackamas but right now lives in Utah. It's way different being in a big city (traffic for one) but I like it. It's a little more like home than George West was.

I had to open my Christmas package because I got it transfer night and it wouldn't fit otherwise...Thank you so much!! The sweaters and shirts are perfect! 

It's been a little stressful. Getting used to an area is always weird. It's good to experience new stuff. Sister B gave me her last Dr Peppers as a Christmas present though! It was so nice of her. Made my day.

My companion is a great guy and he knows all the area pretty well. I miss Elder E a lot. He
was a great dude. But I'll see him on Tuesday. We're having a mission-wide Christmas conference thing in McAllen.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Getting used to the area. Things here are way different than George West. There, if I made a wrong turn I could flip a u-ie pretty much wherever I wanted. Here, we'd die. So I gotta figure my crap out haha!

What has been your biggest concern?
We cover 3 branches and all Laredo is trying to become a stake.

What has been your biggest success?
We have an awesome district. 2 of my favorite missionaries, Elders A and G are here and this district is really close. We're the only ones with a car so we drive them all around.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
President L. He's one of the branch presidents here, and he is a major go-getter. Like he's awesome. He's really driven to make this branch a ward. And we're going caroling with him and his family tonight!

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Our district leader is awesome. His name is Elder Y and he's the kindest dude ever. He helps out with everything. Having a kind district leader makes the work a lot simpler.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Skyping and Christmas conference and all that good crap.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Meet at least 5 less actives.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
Alma 37:6. By the small stuff we're doing now, Laredo can be a stake.

Love you guys! Have a great Christmas!!
Elder Hess
the picture I drew in primary!!

Sister B's present
some
random baby crawled into the middle of a missionary conversation at
church.




No comments: