Sunday, January 10, 2016

Having the Car Was Pretty Nice (Week #44)

This week was pretty good! It's been cold the last few days and rainy so it's nice to have the car. We try not to use it to save on miles but yeah it's a perk for sure. 

We've been teaching a girl named E. Her sister's a member but she's super quiet and doesn't really act. So we're working on motivating her and stuff.

What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Finding prepared people. We found some new investigators but they're all moving in the next couple weeks. We found a few that could be good but we'll see.

What has been your biggest concern?Being motivated. I want this year to be my best one yet. So I'm working on being fired up in the mornings to get stuff done. Not that I haven't been but I want to be more so.

What has been your biggest success?We got a less active family to come to church! They're really nice but haven't been in a while. So we talked to them and just invited and they came. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?The P family or the S's. They're both families that would give anything for the missionaries. And the S's are hilarious.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?It rained pretty hard the first 2 days of the year. So having the car was pretty nice. We only used it for one of the days but still...


What are you looking forward to this coming week?We're going to find some really prepared people. Sister I wants us to meet one of her friends she's going to invite to church so that'll be awesome.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.Find the next baptism!!

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?I read about Shiblon this morning and how his dad was really proud of what he's done and how obedient he's been. So I'm working on applying his attributes to myself and find what I have to work on.

Hope y'all have a great week! Love you guys!
Elder Hess

No comments: