Sunday, November 29, 2015

Knocking Every Door in Our Area (Week #37)

My week has been really fun. My comps are awesome! Elder E (my greenie) is awesome! He was originally going to the D.R but his passport didn't go through so he got a permanent reassignment here. He's a really great kid. Love him a lot. Elder B is great as well. He goes home after this transfer and works really hard. We had a really successful week. Found a lot of people that could possibly move forward.

Y is doing great. She came to church and is planning on getting baptized next Sunday!! 

We give a lot of service all the time. Elder E is always looking for ways to help, even if we don't know how to do it haha like repairing a roof...luckily someone else volunteered for that one.

Actually E really wants to learn Spanish and asked me to teach him on the first day. So we practice together every day.

What has been your biggest challenge this week?Teaching stuff to a brand new missionary. I have no idea what i'm doing!! But E is really humble and loves to learn. So I just follow the spirit and hope it sticks. 

What has been your biggest concern?Getting Y to church. She's had some recent health issues so we were worried about it but she's really putting God first.

What has been your biggest success?
Finding. Elder E wants to knock every door we have in our area. which I was hesitant about. But it seems like every door we knock is a prepared person who wants to learn. It's amazing. Like it won't happen a lot but it's super cool

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elder E. Kid's amazing. I like him a ton.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Y passed her baptismal interview. We are going to get the 3rd baptism in this area's history.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?We're having a ward Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday (I love Thanksgiving) and baptizing Y.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Teach my greenie better planning. He's going to be able to plan for our area by the end of the week.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
I've been reading a lot about Elijah and Elisha. Every moment of their lives seemed to be miracles. And that happens in our lives too. We just have to notice them. 

Hope y'all have a great week! Love you guys! 
Elder Hess




No comments: