Monday, November 2, 2015

I'm Having a Son!!! (Week #35)

I'm going to be training a greenie starting tomorrow....what the flip......My life of nonresponsibility as a junior comp is over....dang itttttt!!!!!! Anyways this has been a crazy week so I hope I remember everything..

What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Finding prepared people. We've decided we have the people interested but they're not acting. So we have to find the people who are interested and willing to act as well. Buuuuuut we couldn't really find anybody like that..

What has been your biggest concern?
Welllllll They call the new trainers and district leaders like 5 days before transfers and you go down to a big meeting in McAllen. So we got a call at like 10:20 saying I had to be there the next day. And McAllen is 3 hours away..So I woke up at 4 and we drove down..And now I've known for 4 days that I'm gonna be a trainer, and there's no way I'm ready for that...My Missionary IQ still matches my age....

What has been your biggest success?
We got asked to be pallbearers at a funeral by a less active member that I'd never met. Her mom died and hated the church and so does most of her family.. So we went and got asked (the night before) to sing at her service. And then they told us we needed to sing 2...So we sang "Nearer, My God, to Thee" and "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" (tried to keep them religiously neutral). And they loved it! Thanked us so much for our service and told us to keep doing what we're doing and that it was amazing and we're so gifted and all that other..So that was pretty sweet!

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elder S!!! I ran into him at the training meeting!! He's training too. I missed that little nerd! It was great to hang out with him for a couple hours.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
We've been super tight on miles this last week since it's the end of the month. And we really needed rides to places. And people helped out whenever we needed it which was awesome.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Finding out who the little punk I'm training is. I'm going to convince him we're not allowed to talk in the cars. And see how long I can keep it up for...

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it.
Well I'm most likely whitewashing an area so getting to know everybody and figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do as a senior companion...

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
I can't remember the exact scripture...but it's the one where Joshua is commanded to do something crazy and his reply is Give me this mountain. And I'm ready for my mountain now.

Hope you have a great week!!
Love you guys!
Elder Hess

Pictures!!!


driving in missionary cars 3 hours makes you become closer friends
toilets in the church! (I Blessed the rains in Africa)
I'm having a son!!!(what they call having a greenie)



No comments: