Sunday, October 9, 2016

Either Way You're Stuck With Them (Week #73)

This week has been pretty good. Elder Stone is always the best. He's a super good kid.

Church attendance was lower this week. We had like 14 people there. Reeeeaally small. But it's going to go up this next week. 

We haven't been able to find the Aloha lady at all. She disappeared. Weird how you can do that in a city smaller than my high school...She used to work on like the border of Aloha and Beaverton. Apparently right on it. She thought it was hilarious that she "was in 2 places at once"...

We've been working really hard on reactivating people but they're really hard to find and we have a huge problem with people being offended by things....a lot like it is back home (and everywhere I guess).

We found a bunch of new investigators, a couple really cool families, but they didn't come to church..so we'll fix that.

We got moved to be an example area. It's one of the hardest areas in the mission and he want's his "best" there. So he moved us over here to show that the work is possible. It's going to be a zone leader area for a while I think.

My ankle's doing fine. I only feel it at night sometimes or when I smack it on something. It's all good.


What has been your biggest challenge this week?Focusing on the positives. We haven't had a ton of success here. But once I changed my attitude, we started finding more and more people and better things started happening.

What has been your biggest concern?
We really need to reactivate some people. This place has been a group for a year and since then it's gone down in attendance. So we really need to do something.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Elder P. He's one of the assistants. He worked with us for a few days. He's the low key funniest person. I love working with him. He has this weird thing about trains...I'm not really sure what it is but he loves them. He could stare at them for days and never be bored.

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
I've been getting a lot out of my patriarchal blessing which is huge. I love studying it.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
We have a zone conference this thursday and afterwards, President Torres is going to come work with us. It's going to be awesome!

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
I've been reading about Alma and how the prayers of his family and friends brought him back to the church. So I've been focusing my prayers a lot on the people who aren't coming to church.

How has your testimony grown this week?
I've learned a lot about the purpose of families and why we have them. And the mission is set up the same way. God's got one crazy plan. Stick you with a bunch of people and become a family and figure it out, or be miserable but either way you're stuck with them. It's exactly what we need to grow and learn. I've seen that through a bunch of the families I've met recently.

Love you guys!
Elder Hess








No comments: