Monday, July 11, 2016

We're Put in the Places We are to Help Those Around Us (Week #71)

Life is awesome! We had 5 people come to church this week! Some members brought their family to church and they could turn out really well!

We've been helping the E family fix up a house for them to rent out and that's super fun. They're great folks!

Transfers have been partially announced. Me and Elder Stone are both leaving but that's all we know. We think we'll stay together in a different area in this zone but we don't really know. It seems like he changed out a good portion of our zone. Only one companionship is staying the same out of the 8.

We're working with V a little bit and trying to find some new people. We met a lady yesterday who just moved here from Aloha! Super weird! She lived on Blanton. Tripped me out really bad!

My greatest success on my mission.... I feel like I've really been a friend to people who've needed it. I like to think about who i was called to an area for afterwards. I think just about every transfer I can find someone that I was there for when they needed me.

What has been your biggest challenge this week?Keeping people focused. It seems like every last week of a transfer people either go really hard and get good stuff going on, or they think they're leaving so they tank...

What has been your biggest concern?Making sure people are set up in this area for the people who are coming.

What has been your biggest success?We had a zone meeting and we kinda told the zone off for having a lot of pride...but it went really well and the spirit was strong and I think a change is coming.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?My favorite person is probably Mike E. He's a great kid. He has a different background than other people but he loves helping people out. 

What has been your most significant tender mercy?Having 5 people at church was nice. Good to see that we're doing good things here.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?Me and Elder Stone staying together (if I say it enough it'll happen right?)

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?I've been reading a bunch about charity in 1 Corinthians 13. Trying to put my heart in the right place all the time and have charity for everyone.

How has your testimony grown this week?That was unexpected. I'm not used to another question...I think I've really seen how everyone is made differently for a reason. We're put in the places we are to help those around us. I've seen ways Elder Stone can help people that I can't and vice versa. God has a plan and he always carries it out. If we can put our desires in line with his, that's when success comes.

I love you guys!
Elder Hess

These are the E boys. Awesome kids.

No comments: