Saturday, July 25, 2015

Too Many to Teach (Week #19)

Sorry about the bike thing...Really freakin dumb...

I got transferred! It's all in english. So I have to be really good with my studies. But my comp is Elder H! Of Grants Pass Oregon!!!! So great! And another elder in our zone is from Forest Grove! Elder M! Good to be around Oregon folks.


What has been your biggest challenge this week? 
Biggest challenge has been changing teaching styles and getting used to a new area. In Spanish, it's easy to teach simply cause you don't have the vocab to go over people's heads. But in English it's easy to blow people away. So I have to change how I teach. Also Leaving Los Fresnos. I made some great friends there. 

What has been your biggest concern? 
Not speaking Spanish. I'm worried I'm going to lose it. So our apartment is going to have a Spanish week where we only speak Spanish.

What has been your biggest success?
We got this kid, V, to church. He has no interest in it but he showed up and his sister's boyfriend went to classes with him. The boyfriend, M, after Sunday School thanked the whole class for helping him feel better about life. 

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
My entire apartment. I live with elders H, M (Utah kid but a poly.) and V. They're really fun guys. We talk and laugh all the time. This 4th of July would've been really boring without them. 

What has been your most significant tender mercy?
Having a fun loving companion. 

What are you looking forward to this coming week? 
Teaching more people. Our area recently got mixed with another and so we have way too many people to teach at once.

Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 
Our goal is to help our investigator, D, to quit smoking. He's really ready for baptism but he has to stop smoking for 2 weeks before baptism.

Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
D & C 123:17. It's my favorite and Saturday found a lot of great scriptures that can work along with it about trials.

I got to say goodbye to S for about 5 minutes. Said my goodbyes and thanks and everything, When we left he had a smile like I've never seen before. One of those moments where you see the difference you're making. 
 
I can't send pics this week. The computers being dumb...

Love you guys,
Elder Hess

No comments: