Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Would've Been Nice if I Could Understand Spanish Music (Week #16)


Last week, I asked Gannon about all of the animal photos.

What has been your biggest challenge this week? 

Biggest challenge has been the exchanges. We had 2 this week instead of just one. I was with Elder S for both which was awesome but both of the days we had them were days when we were supposed to meet with all of our progressing investigators. So i basically have no idea what's going on with any of them except that they're still doing good.


What has been your biggest concern? 

Finding an animal picture for this week (super tough)! Just kidding, I don't really have any right now.


What has been your biggest success?

S got confirmed this week, A got sustained to get the priesthood and we had a super cool ward activity! 


Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 

The G's. They have been members for a year and are planning on going to the temple on the 20th! Satan's really stacking up the trials tho. They don't have a ton of money already and their car broke down. So they had to dish out a bunch of cash just to be sure they could go to the temple. And now they're all good. They're the family that feeds us every week too!


What has been your most significant tender mercy?
The ward activity. We basically went around all day inviting people to it. Tons of people came. Including 2 of our best investigators, D and K. We also invited one of my other favorite families, The B's (Less active because they have to work) and they showed up! And Sister B started fellow-shipping D and K! It was awesome. So we went and ate tons of gorditas and tacos and sang karaoke (would've been nice if I could understand Spanish music). It was one of the best ward activities I've been to. 


What are you looking forward to this coming week? 

Visiting my investigators! It'll be nice to teach people in my area again.


Do you have a goal set for this coming week? Tell me about it. 

My goal is to be more humble and charitable. It's something everyone needs to work on, but I need to do it before I can expect anyone else to.


Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
Reading the story of Jesus and how the people demanded he be crucified. Pilote could've just not done it, but he decided to let it happen to please the people. And there's a lot of stuff we do everyday just because people like it, but we should do things because we want to and because we know it's right.

Animal picture of the week:

A scorpion me and elder stone found in the church and took it outside without dying.




Love you guys!
Elder Hess



No comments: